Bulandshahr: The minor survivor in the Bulandshahr gangrape case on Saturday moved the Supreme Court demanding FIR against Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan for his outrageous comments and the erring police officials.
In her petition, the 13-year-old appealed to the apex court to transfer the case to New Delhi and asked for a court-monitored probe, security and rehabilitation.
She has also alleged that police officials were helping the accused.
Earlier this month, the Samajwadi Party leader Khan kicked up a controversy with his insensitive remarks suggesting that this incident of gangrape could be a ‘political conspiracy’ against the Uttar Pradesh government.
“We need to investigate whether this is a conspiracy by opponents who want to defame the government,” Khan had said.
“For votes, people can stoop to any level. There can be a Muzaffarnagar, a Shamli and Kairana…why not this? For power, politicians can murder people, trigger riots, kill innocent people, so the truth has to be found out,” he remarked.
Khan received a flurry of criticism for his comments from the opposition parties, women’s groups as well as the victim’s family members.
On Friday, the Allahabad High Court had ordered a CBI inquiry into the case observing that it was “not satisfied” with the police investigation so far.
The High Court, which had taken suo motu cognizance of the July 29 incident, also said it intended to “monitor the investigation into the case”.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice D.B. Bhosale and Justice Yashwant Varma passed the order a day after the state government submitted a status report on the investigation into the incident in a sealed cover.
The incident had taken place on July 29 when six members of a Noida-based family were travelling to Shahjahanpur in western Uttar Pradesh. At the National Highway passing through Bulandshahr, their car was stopped by armed criminals, who dragged the 13-year-old girl and her mother out and raped them in a field nearby for almost three hours.