Global Engineering Projects
Purpose: To build your career by assisting in the delivery of the quantity surveying function in a ‘leading edge’ engineering company. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team. To manage the quantity surveying function for contracts and to ensure the maximum contribution for the company.
We are looking to take on board a highly competent and skilled Quantity Surveyor to be based from our Warrington Office.
The QS will be responsible for the management of the quantity surveying function for contracts and to ensure the maximum contribution for the company.
– Understand contract obligations and any other undertakings to the client and the structure and form of interim and final claims. Ensure that claims are then formulated in line with these constraints.
– Ensure close co-operation with Planning Engineer as regards assessment of progress, accounting for day works undertaken and identification and evaluations of variations and additions to the original contract work.
– Ensure that claims issued are comprehensive in that all work undertaken has been included under the appropriate categorisation, i.e. day works, unit rate work, contract work. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
– Provide necessary back up in any follow up to claims and assist in negotiations on the finalisation of these accounts. Ensure certificates of payment are issued promptly.
– Report in detail as required for the Project Manager, on the commercial status of the project.
– Maintain accurate records of claims prepared, certificates issued and of retentions involved. Ensure follow up on claiming retentions as due.
– Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
– Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
– Minimum HNC Building Services Surveying, desirable would be a BSc QS
– 5+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential
– Detailed knowledge of commercial management within construction
– Detailed knowledge of Quantity Surveying role
– Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
– Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and M&E installations
– Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills
– Effective planner who efficiently manages to assist in the resolving of any issues that will be encountered.
– Understanding of how to work with staff who are not computer experts and patience in doing this is a must!
– Good Team Player.
About the Company
Global Engineering Projects is a completely reengineered recruitment company. We utilise the latest technology advancements which enables us to deliver solutions in a way not previously seen in the Engineering sector. Through technology we have reengineered our routes to candidates which has significantly changed the delivery to our clients and our candidate experience.
We have not only changed the way we engage candidates but the candidates that we engage. In an overcrowded recruitment marketplace we believe there is no point in offering our clients what they have already. To add real value to our clients we engage candidates that are exclusive.