To assist the Contract Manager in the Management and development of the in-house maintenance capability. Maintain and continually review and improve the on-site service delivery and ensuring that the required technical and safety training is carried out to improve safety and capability.Deputise for the Contract Manager in all aspects during periods of leave.Management and Technical
• Develops the strategy for engineering services and improvement
• Deputises for the Contract Manager in periods of leave or absence
• Assumes the lead engineer’s role on all engineering issues regarding the service delivery and performance, including QA of PPM and project works.
• Leads the management of reporting on contract performance within Serco and to the Client
• A degree holder of Bachelor of Science in Engineering and/or related discipline.
• Preferably a holder of Master of Science degree in engineering Field.Superior managerial skills to motivate a multinational workforce.
• Experienced in the formation and development of teams.
• Experienced in ensuring quality of work from subordinates by inspection.
• Customer satisfaction skills.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office software, word and excel are essential.
• Able to develop good relations with colleagues.
• Be a team player within all aspects of the role.
• Flexibility within your approach to fulfilling the role
• Excellent attention to detail, ability to identify key issues and manage within an environment of regular change.
• Able to work independently under stringent deadlines within a high pressure environment
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and – most of all – deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.