Washington: Houseplants are awesome indoor air cleaners in filtering out pollutants and toxic chemicals from the air.
The air purifying plants are effective at removing formaldehyde, benzene, and trichloroethylene, xylene, and ammonia that have been linked to health effects.
According to NASA research, the following six air purifying plants are the best natural air filters.
1. Bamboo Palm: It is also said to act as a natural humidifier by removing formaldahyde.
2. Snake Plant: It absorb formaldahyde and nitrogen oxides that leaks from carpet and wood furniture.
3. Areca Palm: For general air cleanliness, it is one of the best air purifying plants.
4. Spider Plant: For removing carbon monoxide, it’s a great indoor plant. It also removes other impurities or toxins.
5. Gerbera Daisy: These gorgeous flowers not only remove benzene from the air but also known to improve sleep by absorbing carbon dioxide and giving off more oxygen over night.
6. Peace Lily: Peace lilies could be called the “clean-all.” They’re often placed in laundry rooms or bathrooms because they’re known for removing mold spores. They are also known to remove trichloroethylene and formaldahyde.