Gulf Marketing Group (GMG Group)
– Greeting customers who enter the shop.
– Be involved in stock control and management.
– Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
– Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
– Stocking shelves with merchandise.
– Answering queries from customers.
– Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
– Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
– Balancing cash registers with receipts.
– Dealing with customer refunds.
– Keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hovering and mopping.
– Responsible dealing with customer complaints.
– Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands.
– Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor.
– Responsible for security within the store and being on the lookout for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
– Receiving and storing the delivery of large amounts of stock
– Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
– Having a friendly and engaging personality.
– Comfortable working with members of the public.
– Should have a confident manner.
– Must be helpful and polite.
– Assistants should be physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.
– You should have a comprehensive understanding of your area of sales i.e. retail, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, sports equipment etc.
– Able to work as part of a sales team.
– Knowledge of inventory techniques.
– Should be of a smart appearance and articulate.
About the Company
Established in 1978, by the Baker family who still own and manage the company today, Gulf Marketing Group is one of the Middle East’s leading, family owned companies. Gulf Marketing Group operates regionally, across the GCC and boasts a diverse portfolio of brands, retail outlets and services. Gulf Marketing Group subsidiaries operate in key sectors such as retail and distribution of sporting goods and lifestyle brands, health and fitness, food and food processing, integrated 3PL logistics, real estate, healthcare and pharmacies, education and technology. Since 1978, Gulf Marketing Group has introduced more than 90 international brands into the Middle East, as well as building the reputation of our homegrown brands as reliable and quality driven companies.
We are proud to be one of the top 10 retailers in the Gulf region with:
More than three decades experience managing international brands in local environments
A prestigious portfolio of world class brand partners
Anchor tenancy in all major GCC shopping malls
A proven track record of securing exclusive retail and distributor agreements
An experienced management team
Strong customer relationships