Our client, a facilities management company is currently looking for a Facilities Engineer.
The Facilities Engineer will supervise the maintenance department and ensure that the delivery aspects of the department are delivered in an effective, efficient and professional manner to the complete satisfaction of all internal and external customers.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Supervise and direct all maintenance staff and sub contractor’s staff engaged in maintenance delivery
• Ensuring that all sub contract staff used on maintenance services are approved and competent for the specific tasks
• Supervising and maintaining the organisational structure for maintenance teams
• Ensuring the efficient operation of the on call system
• Maintenance of records for all maintenance activities
• Ensuring accurate production and control of planned maintenance.
• Monitoring and reporting on overall progress of work programmes against the plans and forecasts
• Supervision of reorder process to ensure sufficient stock levels to meet the contractual requirements
• The ownership of work orders from commencement to completion.
• Adherence to all current company procedures.
• Maintenance of the Quality Management System applied to the maintenance department
• Developing of relationships with all clients.
• Ensuring continuous improvement and drive for value for money
• The production of the Periodic Progress Reports as required by the Estates Manager
• Production of all direct reports
HSE Job Responsibilities
• To comply with the organization’s QHSE policies and procedures at all times.
• To work safely at all times and to report all hazards and incidents to Departmental Supervisors/Managers
• To actively participate in all QHSE training, programs, audits and inspections when required and, as necessary.
• To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and to that of others.
• To lead by example and ensure to protect the environment by conservation of electricity, water and other natural resources, and minimizing generation of waste.
Information Security Responsibilities
• To protect information assets including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, accidental or deliberate.
• Excellent understanding of maintenance techniques and procedures.
• Must be fully conversant with all aspects of building and services related maintenance requirements including planned and preventative techniques.
Background, Experience, Attributes:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
• 10 years management experience preferably within the construction or building services industry
• At least 5 years of experience managing the delivery of complex high value contracts
• Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis
• A reasonable level of computer literacy in the more common applications
• Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and requirements
• Good communication skills at all levels
• Fluent in English language (written and oral)
• Spoken Arabic would be an advantage
• Customer care
• Health and Safety
• Quality Procedures
• Site familiarisation
• Serco management skills
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.