New Delhi [India]: The crowd at Kala Ghoda witnessed the glory, grandeur and legacy of the 19th century Bombay, as a heritage walk was organised to embark the rich heritage of Byculla.
This classic walk covered places of ancient importance, well-known and not so well known tourist spots, popular meeting joints within the Kala Ghoda and Byculla region.
Renowned Conservation Artist and Kala Ghoda Heritage Vertical Curator, Kruti Garg made sure that people relived the contemporary character this place exudes.
Highlights of the walk:
1) One of the oldest Roman Catholic churches in Mumbai, Gloria Church is where we will embark on our classic Byculla walk.
2) With more than a century rich heritage, the Masina Hospital will be our next stop on this heritage walk.
3) Often cited as the city’s largest ‘open-green-public’ space, Rani Baug will be our next stop.
4) Established in 1855, we definitely would not miss the oldest museum of Mumbai, the Byculla Museum!
5) Spread over 8,200 square metres, the 150 years old Byculla Markets is definitely on this list! (ANI)