Wednesday , August 23 2017
Home / News / Hyderabad / Short circuit at Owaisi Hospital creates panic

Short circuit at Owaisi Hospital creates panic

Hyderabad: Minor fire due to short circuit created panic among the patients and attendants at Owaisi Hospital which occurred at around 9:30 am. According to sources short circuit occurred in a doctor’s cabin on the second floor of Owaisi Hospital adjacent to the paediatric intensive care unit. Panicky women ran with their children to the ground floor.

Patients’ attendants revealed that the cabin was damaged due to the fire. According to a patient’s attendant “The PICU had 15 infants. The mothers panicked at the sound, and on seeing the smoke ran down with their children. The nursing staff and postgraduate doctors helped them evacuate. Some women and paramedical staff were hurt in the melee.”

The infants were said to have shifted to another intensive care unit on the first floor. The situation is said to be under control.