Sold at least eight times, raped by 30 men, Girl returns home after 10 years

Sold at least eight times, raped by 30 men, Girl returns home after 10 years

New Delhi: A girl, who went missing almost a decade ago, has returned home to the Indian capital, Delhi. But to the horror of her family, the 22-year-old revealed she was sold and raped multiple times over the past 10 years. The girl’s mother has now vowed to get the culprits punished.

Her mother, who saw the girl at her doorstep, could barely believe her eyes. However, her joy was short-lived after the girl told her that she had been sexually assaulted by several men all these years.

Saina (name changed), then 12, had gone to visit a relative nearby when was abducted by a couple at Janta Colony, Seelampur. She said that the couple dragged her inside a car and then drugged her.

After she regained her consciousness, Saina found herself in a locked room with several other girls of her age in Ambala. She stayed in the room for next few days after which the couple sold her to a farmer in Gujarat.

The girl’s mother told media that my child went missing on July 2, 2006, from Khajuri area, but the FIR on kidnapping was registered years later, on September 9, 2006… I wrote multiple letters to senior police officers, but there was no response. After my daughter returned, I went to the Khajuri police station several times, but in vain,” said the mother.

The girl also claimed that the farmer’s son used to beat her up regularly and even burnt her cigarettes.

After two years, the couple who had abducted her, returned and took her to a Punjab village where she was forced to marry an elderly driver in an exchange of Rs 30,000 and then again to another man for Rs 40,000.

Saina told her family during these ten years, she was sold at least eight times to different people and was raped by at least 30 men.

She said after everything she had gone through, she did not have the courage to come back home. A few years later, she found herself in Siliguri. “I met a woman who convinced me to come back to Delhi.”