Monday , December 5 2016
Home / Crime / Crime and Accident / Teacher electrocuted, 4 students hurt during I-Day preparations

Teacher electrocuted, 4 students hurt during I-Day preparations

Electrocuted man in a home accident where the man tried to plug too much into a surge protector cord.
Electrocuted man in a home accident where the man tried to plug too much into a surge protector cord.

Hyderabad:A woman teacher of a primary school got electrocuted and four students suffered minor burn injuries today when they came in contact with a high tension wire while removing an iron flag pole for Independence Day celebrations, police said.

The four students were hospitalised, where their condition is stated to be stable.

The mishap occurred on the ground of Medikonda primary school under Chengomul police station limits in neighbouring Ranga Reddy district.

According to police, K Prabhavati (40) and some students were removing the flag pole (of iron) after fixing it, when it came in contact with the high tension wire above.

“The teacher was electrocuted while four students suffered minor burns and were shifted to Vikarababad town. Ahead of Independence Day celebrations tomorrow they were checking, fixing and removing of the flag pole,” Chevella Circle Police Station Inspector, J Upender told PTI over phone.

He said the condition of the injured students is stable.

A case under section 174 of CrPc was registered in connection with the incident, the inspector added.

Read Also

RAGGING_B_23

3 Jharkhand students rusticated for ragging

8