Sunday , August 20 2017
Home / Crime / Crime and Accident / Teen electrocuted after touching farm fence

Teen electrocuted after touching farm fence

Electrocuted man in a home accident where the man tried to plug too much into a surge protector cord.

Coimbatore:A 13-year-old boy was electrocuted today after he came into contact with an electric fence around a farm near Sirumugai in this district, police said.

The boy had gone to play near the farm and accidentally touched the fence and was thrown for some distance, they added.

On receiving information from family members, police rushed to the spot and retrieved the body and sent it for post-mortem.

Officials from Forest and Electricity department visited the spot and conducted investigations amid suspicion that the farm owner, could have electrified the fence to keep away wild animals.

The farm owner is absconding, police said.

—PTI