Tuesday , December 6 2016
Home / News / Hyderabad / Teenager gets electrocuted while trying to retrieve kite

Teenager gets electrocuted while trying to retrieve kite

kite1

Hyderabad: A 14-year-old boy was today electrocuted while allegedly trying to retrieve a kite that had got entangled in a high-tension electric wire, police said.

The victim, has been identified as S B Kiran, a Class 9 student.

He was flying a kite on the occasion of Makar Sankranti festival in Musheerabad area. The teenager then went to the roof of a two-storey building in his neighbourhood after the kite got stuck in a high-tension electric wire, police said.

“The boy took out a 15-foot iron rod to remove the kite but suffered severe electric shock and burn injuries in the process, and died on the spot,” Musheerabad Police Station Sub-Inspector B Bhaskar said.

PTI

Read Also

jupally_krishnarao (1)

100 per cent toilets by Oct 2, 2018: Jupally

8