Hyderabad (Telangana): Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao on Thursday exhorted the young collectors to dedicate their lives for the welfare of the people and asked them to use their discretionary powers for the benefit of the people.
In the 77th Indian Road Congress held in Hyderabad after a span of 18 years, Rao said “We have to strive continuously to solve people’s issues. This is the first ever Collectors Conference we organised to get some awareness. We will have such conferences on a regular basis. We have to increase the green cover all over the state. Collectors should become partners in organising the residential schools. They should have nigh halts at these schools to understand the problems faced by students.”
“Many young IAS recruits got an opportunity to work as district collectors at a very young age. Be thankful to the state government and work for the welfare of the people. There is a need to strengthen the Collectors set up; the State’s development lies in this strength. Do not hesitate to use your discretionary powers, if need be, for the benefit of the people,” he added.
He asked the collectors to equip people with necessary skills to face the situation post-demonetisation.
“Let us together build a healthy, meaningful and value based Telangana,” he said.
Rao gave some suggestions at the Collectors’ Conference which included appointment of one agronomist in every Assembly Constituency, school uniforms, hospital bed sheets and all the cloth requirements of the government departments to be sourced from Handloom sector only.
He also suggested that funds from MGNREGA, Corporate Social Responsibility, and funds from the elected representatives Constituency development should be utilised to create infrastructure facilities in the schools.
He asked the Ministers and Collectors to pay more attention to this.
In order to encourage Schedule Caste (SC) beneficiaries to go in for commercial crops under Green Houses, Rao asked the SC Corporation to arrange for the 25 per cent of the margin money while the rest 75 per cent allocated as subsidy by the government.
To restore the past glory of Vikarabad area, he said that medicinal plantation should be taken up on a big scale by the Forest department.
“Saplings from Dehradun should be brought in to make Vikarabad area as the medicinal plantation hub,” he said.
He said plans should be made in Hyderabad and other Corporation areas to encourage commercial crops.
He said Youth in the state should be trained in different skills to help them gain employment here only.