(Dr. Javed Jamil) It can be said without any hesitation that the signal absence in the present world of peace at individual and social, and national and international level, in an otherwise physically and temporally advanced world, has now proved beyond doubt that it is only Islam that can bring peace at all levels.
· During the brief period of 23 years, Muhammad (SAAW) was able to fight against a large number of social evils like tribal wars, discrimination against women, victimisation of slaves, unhygienic practices, many kinds of superstitions, usury, hoarding, drinking, gambling, etc., and above all of them, polytheism.
· If it is assumed that this is the only world and there is no other world to follow this world, it will lead to the stark conclusion that God is unjust (God forbid!); for there is no discernible relief to the victims – a murdered person cannot get any relief, as he cannot regain life — or to those who make huge sacrifices for the cause of humanity; and there is also no punishment for the perpetrators of these suffering. And if God is unjust, he is just no God. The Absolute One has to be the most just of all judges. God will prove His justice by undoing this injustice in a way that will satisfy all: the right and the wrong. To achieve this ultimate aim, He made provision for another life after this life.
· In essence, the Qur’anic philosophy can be described as the philosophy of relationship: relationship between Creator and the Universe; between different components of the universe in general, between human beings and the rest of the universe and between humans and humans.
· It is the combination of Rabubiyyat (Lordship) and Hamd (Acknowledgment) that created the universe and sustains it. If one or both of them ceases, the universe would cease functioning, resulting in Qiyamah or Doomsday (literally meaning Stopping or Halting).
· Unlike the modern theories of Physics that do not subscribe any role to the universe as a whole and either does not accept the role of God at all or imparts a role to God only at the beginning of the creation, Qur’anic position is that God has a permanent role in the functioning of the universe as the unchallenged Sovereign and Governor General. God is the Ultimate source of supply not only of Physical materials, energy and laws; but is also the Ultimate Master of Knowledge, spiritual and social requirements and whatever else is there.
· While all the objects of the universe follow the Laws of Nature created by God due to their inherent nature man has been endowed with consciousness; he obeys or disobeys God consciously using his own intelligence and judgement, rightly and wrongly, and this makes him the Final Product of the Creation. Being the Final Product, he is expected to work in the best possible way out of his free will; and it is on the basis of his conduct and motives he will be judged by God.
Dr Javed Jamil is India based thinker and writer with over a dozen books including his latest, “Muslim Vision of Secular India: Destination & Road-map”, “Qur’anic Paradigms of Sciences & Society” (First Vol: Health), “Muslims Most Civilised, Yet Not Enough” and Other works include “The Devil of Economic Fundamentalism”, “The Essence of the Divine Verses”, “The Killer Sex”, “Islam means Peace” and “Rediscovering the Universe”. Read more about him at http://www.worldmuslimpedia.com/dr-javed-jamil. Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/javedjamil2015/, also http://javedjamil.blogspot.in/. He can be contacted at [email protected]