(By Dr. Javed Jamil) Respect of other religions
* Qur’an describes Muhammad as the last of more than one hundred thousand messengers chosen by God to guide the mankind. They all were true envoys of God; and whatever they preached was in accordance with His commands. The Book of Islam does not only recognise the founders of Christianity and Judaism but also glorifies them as among the greatest of men ever born.
* it is only Muslims who love all those whom Christians love: God, Mary, Jesus, John the Baptist (Yahya AS), Holy Spirit and all other messengers of God including Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Job, Jonas, David and Solomon (Peace be upon them!). …. Jesus will come again in the world and will unite Muslims and Christians against the Evil forces ruling the world.
* And though it might sound incredible to Christians but the fact is that apart from several stories common in Qur’an and Bible, there are many events in the lives of Jesus and Mary that are described only in Qur’an.
* Qur’an does not believe in an intermediary between God and ordinary man. Every man is free to pray to God without the involvement of a priest. There is no priesthood in Islam as it is there in other religions.
* Islam does not believe in monasticism either; to give away the world and seclude oneself in the worship of God is contrary to the spirit of Islam. Man has to perform all his personal and secular duties within the parameters of Islamic System.
Man Supreme Creation
* Man is the supreme creation of God; he is His viceroy or deputy on the Earth. He has been created for and is expected to govern it in accordance with the Divine Mandate.
* The aim of the creation of man is his total submission to God. Abd (worship or service) is the word which has been used in Quran only for men and jinns. Hamd, Sajdah, tasbih and taqdees are the words used for other creatures as well. Abd is therefore the highest state of submission and means worship involving conscious devotion and love for God.
* Dr Javed Jamil is India based thinker and writer with over a dozen books including his latest, “Muslim Vision of Secular India: Destination & Road-map”, “Qur’anic Paradigms of Sciences & Society” (First Vol: Health), “Muslims Most Civilised, Yet Not Enough” and Other works include “The Devil of Economic Fundamentalism”, “The Essence of the Divine Verses”, “The Killer Sex”, “Islam means Peace” and “Rediscovering the Universe”. Read more about him at http://www.worldmuslimpedia.com/dr-javed-jamil. Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/javedjamil2015/, also http://javedjamil.blogspot.in/. He can be contacted at [email protected]