Crime and Accident

Three die after inhaling poisonous gas in Raj

Three die after inhaling poisonous gas in Raj

Jaipur: Three persons lost their lives after inhaling poisonous gas in a deep pit in Baran district of Rajasthan.

Rameshwar (26), Jitendra (18) and Omprakash (50) had entered the pit to rescue a calf in Mangrol area last evening.

But all of them lost consciousness, police said.

They were rescued by four people and all of them were rushed to a nearby hospital where the trio was declared dead, they said.

The four rescuers were discharged from the hospital after primary treatment, the police added.

—PTI