Kareemnagar: After watching the kerosene fire-breathing stunt on a TV reality show, a twelve-year-old boy tried the same at home and died of burns.
According to sources Kashi Vishwanath of Manthani suffered 80 per cent burn injuries when the fire bounced back and his body caught fire. He succumbed to burns at a private hospital in Hyderabad on August 1.
The incident occurred on July 31 in the afternoon when Vishwanath was alone in his grandmother’s house in Hanumanagar colony in Manthani town, Peddapalli district. Soon after watching the kerosene fire breathing stunt on a TV reality show he attempted the same in the bathroom of his house.
Noticing smoke emanating from the house and hearing the screams of Vishwanath, neighbours rushed to his rescue but by then he had already suffered severe burns. After giving primary treatment to him at a community hospital in Manthani town, he was shifted to Kareemnagar for further treatment and later referred to a private hospital in Hyderabad.
As reported by DC, Vishwanath had attempted this fire breathing stunt on an earlier occasion too but had luckily escaped unhurt. He again tried the same, despite family‘s warning not to do it again.
Vishwanath is the student of sixth standard student and lived with his grandmother. His mother has died and his father has remarried and moved to Hyderabad.