Mathura: At least two children have died and 15 others hospitalised after allegedly consuming milk as a part of mid-day meal at a school under Thana Refinery in Uttar Pradesh’s Mathura.
The incident occurred yesterday in the evening when the children complained of diarrhoea after consuming milk at the Junior High School situated at Kanshiram Colony.
However, District Magistrate, Mathura Rajesh Kumar said that the exact cause of food poisoning is being ascertained.
The water supplied from the tank of the colony may also be contaminated, he said.
It is reported that twelve adults have also been admitted to the hospitals for the same reason, most of whom did not consume any milk.
A magisterial inquiry has been ordered by the district administration.
As a precautionary measure, use of water from the overhead tank of Kanshi Ram Colony has been banned and for the time being water in the colony is being supplied by tankers.
The condition of some of the children admitted into hospitals is said to be critical. (ANI)