Coimbatore: Two labourers died allegedly due to food poisoning here.
A group of labourers from Manapparai in Tiruchirapalli district of Tamil Nadu had come to work for various road projects in the area and were camping near Poondi, some 30 kms from here, police said.
Some of the workers plucked a few vegetables, growing naturally on an open site, and ate them on Friday last.
They complained of vomiting and were brought and admitted to the Government Hospital here in the evening.
Palanisamy, 45, died last night, while 60-year old Santhanam died early today, police said.
Ponnan (57) Velmuguran (26) Muthusamy (70) Velappan (38) and Periyasamy (55) are undergoing treatment in the hospital, they said.