Crime and Accident

Two electrocuted to death

Two electrocuted to death
Electrocuted man in a home accident where the man tried to plug too much into a surge protector cord.

New Delhi: Two persons, including a 16-year-old boy, have been electrocuted to death in separate incidents in southeast Delhi’s Badarpur area, police said today.

The first incident took place yesterday around 3 PM at Tajpur Road in Badarpur when three labourers were erecting an electric pole in the area. The trio suffered an electric shock when the pole came in contact with a live wire.

“They were rushed to a nearby hospital where Parvez was declared brought dead by the doctors. The other two are undergoing treatment and their condition is stated to be out of danger,” said a senior police officer.

Romil Baaniya, Deputy Commissioner of Police (southeast), said the contractor, Vijay, has been booked for causing death due to negligence.

In another incident, a 16-year-old boy died after he suffered electric shock while switching on a water motor at his uncle’s house in Subhash Camp area this evening.

The teenager belonged to Khagaria in Bihar, police said.