Sunday , August 20 2017
Home / News / India / Two more ‘Gau Rakshaks’ surrender in Jharkhand lynching case

Two more ‘Gau Rakshaks’ surrender in Jharkhand lynching case

Express photo: Judicial custody for Chhotu Verma, Deepak Mishra

RAMGARH: Two more prime accused in the June 29 lynching incident in Jharkhand on Monday surrendered in the Ramgarh court, while three others seen in videos and photos were taken into custody for interrogation, senior officials said.

In a joint press conference with Ramgarh Deputy Commissioner Rajeshwari B., SP Kishore Kaushal said that two of the prime accused, named in the FIR, surrendered in Ramgarh court before the district court at around noon.

“They surrendered as the police had procured their arrest warrants and had obtained permission to attach their properties. If they had not surrendered today, we would have initiated the proceedings to attach their properties,” said SP Kaushal.

Earlier, one of the prime accused Chhotu Rana had surrendered in court.

Deepak Mishra and Chhotu Verma surrendered after the district administration planned to attach their property, the SP said adding that seven accused were arrested so far while three have surrendered in the court.

40-year-old Md Allimuddin, a meat trader and a resident of Manua village in Hazaribagh district, was beaten to death by a mob on June 29 on suspicion that he was carrying beef in his vehicle.

A special team constituted by the administration was reviewing video and photos circulated in the social media, the SP said.

He said that the situation has returned to normal and so the number of security forces deployed in the sensitive places had been reduced. However, forces in some identified places still remained deployed.

Deputy Commissioner of Ramgarh Rajeshwari B said that the widow of the deceased would get widow pension.