Urgent QC Coordinator (Piling and Foundations) – Iraq
A QC Coordinator is urgently required to work for a specialised Civil Engineering (Piling and Foundations) company in Iraq. This is an immediate requirement so candidates that can mobilize quickly will be considered first.
The role will involve the quality monitoring of a large scale Civil Engineering project in a remote, dangerous location. The QC Coordinator will be involved in all the quality elements as required by the client and the relative specifications/ regulations for piling & foundations, jet grouting and micropiles. You will ensure that all quality procedures are adhered to and update the quality management system as required.
The successful candidate will be a qualified Civil Engineer with experience in piling & foundations, jet grouting and micropiles and will have the relevant quality assurance qualifications.
• The QA / QC Coordinator will report technically to the company-nominated Project Manager and will be responsible for all QA/QC on the piling & foundations, jet grouting and micropiles.
• The QA / QC Coordinator is responsible for coordination of their technical areas and coordination with other discipline specialists where areas interface or overlap.
• Develop, review, and implement Quality Control Documents; Quality Manuals, Quality Plans, Procedures, Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plans.
• Responsible for overseeing all the QA/QC activities of the EPC contractors.
• Interpret project specifications; applying international codes and standards to ensure these requirements are included in the documents and are implemented during project execution.
• Review and approve project material certifications.
• Supervise the EPC contractor’s QC personnel where required.
• Liaison with the project team, client and owner’s representatives, sub-contractors, suppliers and vendors.
• Set up systems for turnover of required documentation to client to enable timely construction completion; pre-commissioning through to start-up.
The package will include salary + Accommodation + Transportation + Food Allowances + Medical Insurance + Yearly flights.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Professional certificates in Quality Assurance/Control
• Minimum 7 years’ experience as a QA/QC Engineer
• Strong experience in working within the Piling & Foundations sector
• Exposure to major Civil Engineering projects would be an advantage
• Middle East experience would be an advantage
• Experience or willingness to work in a hardship location is essential
• Applicants on single status are preferred
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.