New Delhi: Aadhar card which is issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is now becoming an important identity proof of the residents of India. It is not a proof of Indian citizenship but an important document to avail many services of the Government.
Below are the list of services where Aadhar card is needed:
- For filing Income Tax returns.
- For getting new PAN Cards and incorporating Aadhar Card number to existing PAN Cards.
- For getting Driving License
- For getting telephone connection.
- For mobile phone verification.
- For withdrawal of senior citizens’ pension
- For availing LPG subsidy
- For writing entrance tests like IIT-JEE etc.
- For enrolling in Mid-day meal scheme.
- For getting work in MGNREGA.
It is to be mentioned that the above list is not exhaustive.