New Delhi: Always dry-clean your Pashmina shawl, iron it using a protective cloth and do not store these shawls with naphthalene balls or cakes, says an expert.
Bhuvan Ahuja, fashion expert of shawls, stoles and scarf retailer Ahujasons, has shared tips:
* Always dry-clean your shawl. The shawls are too fine to take any kind of wringing or rubbing.
* Always store these shawls wrapped in a muslin cloth or protective case. Storing them away in plastic covers is not advisable as it might lead to lint or balling of loose yarns on the top surface.
* Do not store these shawls with naphthalene balls or cakes.
* Keep them away from any kind of moisture.
* Indulge in seeking professional restoration every once in few years.
* Iron using a protective cloth and at low temperatures.
* Always flat dry.