Karachi: In the wake of the ongoing attack by assailants on the Indian Air Force Base in Pathankot, Pakistan said that it is working on the ‘latest leads’ provided by the Indian Government to ‘effectively’ counter and eradicate terrorism from the region.
According to the Dawn, the Foreign Office said in a statement that Pakistan remains committed and is in touch with the Indian government.
The statement came as sections of the Indian media reported that New Delhi had contacted and shared information with Islamabad about the ongoing attack on the Pathankot IAF Base.
“We understand the pain of many families who have lost their dear ones in this tragedy, as Pakistan itself is a major victim of terrorism. We have extended our deepest condolences to the government and people of India,” the spokesman said condemning the attack.
He added that the two nations needed to remain committed to a ‘sustained dialogue process’ in the light of the challenge of terrorism.
At least seven defence personnel have been killed so far in the deadly attack on the airbase which continued into its third day on Monday and search operations continue to smoke out the remaining terrorist who is reportedly still active. (ANI)