Jaipur: A 22-year-old youth died while his partner is in a critical condition, after they consumed poison in Sriganganagar district, police said today.
“Rajesh Bawri (22) and a 16-year-old girl, residents of different villages, eloped last night and consumed poison,” police said.
“The couple, both distant relatives, approached the village Sarpanch after consuming poison and told him about the matter following which they were rushed to a local hospital,” police added.
Rajesh died while the girl is battling for life, police said.
The body was sent for postmortem, police said.