Crime and Accident

Youth electrocuted while decking up house for Diwali

Youth electrocuted while decking up house for Diwali
Electrocuted man in a home accident where the man tried to plug too much into a surge protector cord.

New Delhi: A 20-year-old youth was electrocuted while decking up his house with decorative lighting for Diwali at Bindapur area of south west Delhi, police said today.

The youth, identified as Raju Thakur, was rushed to Mata Chanan Devi Hospital where he was declared brought dead, said Surender Kumar, DCP (south west).

Inquest proceedings has been conducted and the body of the deceased was sent for autopsy at Deen Dayal Upadhyay hospital, he said.