Defense Institute of High Altitude Research (DIHAR) is a frontier institute of Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) that endeavors at providing nutrition, health and energy security for the troops through the development of cold arid agro-animal technologies and herbal prophylactics from plants of trans Himalayan region. DIHAR has its HQ at Leh. UT (Ladakh) and base laboratory at UT Chandigarh.
Applications are invited from candidates to work in defense-related research projects of DIHAR, for the following posts:
|01||JRF||Five (05)||Required subjects:- Botany/Horticulture/Biotechnology/Agriculture Sc/Microbiology/Biochemistry/Zoology|
Essential Qualification:- M.Sc in first division with the NET qualification “or” B.E./ B.Tech in first division with NET/ GATE qualification “or” M.E./M.Tech in first division at both Graduate and Post-graduate level
Note: The candidate may be allowed to register for Ph.D. during their tenure for fellowship.
|02||RA||Two (02)||Required subjects:-|
Post 1: Biochemistry
Post 2: Chemistry
Ph.D. or equivalent. “or” M.E./M.Tech with 3 years of research/teaching/design and development experience and at least one research paper published in Science Citation Index (SCI) journal
Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis may also apply, however, if selected, such candidate shall be awarded the Research Associateship only after award of degree/provisional certificate.
For Post, 2 preference shall be given to candidates having specialization in Natural product chemistry. Analytical chemistry. Organic chemistry and/or having expertise in handling analytical instruments like HPTL, HPLC, GC-MS, MS, NMR, Flash Chromatography, etc.
Upper Age Limit: 28 years and 35 years for JRF and RA respectively as on date of walk-interview Relaxable for SC, ST and OBC candidates as per Gol Orders.
Stipend (Monthly) and tenure of Fellowship:
(a) JRF: A stipend of Rs (31,000/- + HRA) per month for an initial period of two years and performance-based extension/ up-gradation as per DRDO guidelines subject to a maximum of 5 years.
(b) RA: A stipend of Rs (54,000/- + HRA) per month for a maximum period of two years.
Selection procedure: Desirable candidates shall report by 0900 hours on 23rd October 2019 at DIHAR base lab Near 3 BRD, Industrial Area Phase-II, Chandigarh (Tele No. 0172-2639800) Candidates shall bring the following:-
- All certificates in original along with an attested copy of each
- Neatly typed Bio-data.
Initially, the candidates shall be screened wrt qualification, etc. Those candidates who are screened-in shall face interview on the same day.
- Fellowship/Associateship be governed as per policy and rules in-vogue in DRDO, MoD, Gol.
- The offer of fellowship/Associateship shall not confer on the candidates any right for absorption in DRDO.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview or for joining. If selected.
- Candidates working in Govt/Public sector undertakings / Autonomous bodies should bring NOC from their present employer required to submit relieving order from their employer before joining.
- The posts advertised are for an R&D project related studies. Only environmental conditions like high altitude may apply.
- Grant of fellowship/associateship shall be entirely at the discretion of DIHAR. The Institute may refuse to admit any candidate without assigning any reason thereof.
- The number of seats may increase or decrease with prior notice.