New Delhi: After President of India signed 124th Constitutional Amendment Bill, candidates belonging to Other Category also become eligible to available reservation provided they belong to ‘Economically Weaker Section’.
What is Economically Weaker Section
In order to avail the benefit of 10% reservation in education or government jobs, a candidate has to satisfy the following conditions.
- His/her family’s gross annual income should be less than Rs. 8 lakh
- If his/her family owns agriculture land, it should not be more than 5 acres.
- If his/her family owns a residential flat or plot,
- The area of the flat should be less than 1000 sq. ft
- The area of the plot should be less than
- 100 sq. yards in notified municipality sector
- 200 sq. yards in non-notified municipality sector.
Kaloji Health University likely to fill MBBS seats under EWS
According to the report published in The Hans India, Kaloji Health University is likely to fill MBBS seats under EWS. However, it is waiting for the Medical Council of India (MCI) for clarity.
MCI has approved additional seats for five government colleges. However, the council did not allot additional seats to private medical colleges.
EWS quota in UPSC exams
It may be mentioned that in UPSC CSE 2019, the commission had also provided 10% reservation for candidates belonging to EWS category.
It is a wonderful opportunity for the candidates who belong to the EWS category and want to become IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS officer.
EWS Quote in central educational institutions:
EWS Quote is available in central education institutions including IITs, IIMs, NITs.
States where EWS quota is implemented
Many states including Gujarat, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Maharashtra, West Bengal implemented EWS quota.
However, for now, Telangana State has put the quota in cold storage, TOI reported.