• Top Stories
  • Popular
  • People Also Viewed
  • Poll
  • Share
  • Comments

FLO organised 3 learning sessions on Food, Nutrition and Health

FLO organised 3 learning sessions on Food, Nutrition and Health

Hyderabad: FLO with an aim to empower its members about their own health today organized three learning sessions here in the city at The Park.

The subjects of these three sessions include: Food, Nutrition and Health. They were organised under the title, “Body, Mind & Menopause”

Three experts Dr. Manjula Anagani; Dr. Renuka Sreedevi Mudambi and  Ms. Sridevi Jasti,  spoke on 01. Pre and Post; Menopause Management; 02. Sustainable Health and 03. Nutrition respectively.  

Sixty plus members attended the program.Nutritionist Sridevi Jasti and Dr Renuka joined Sona Chatwani in the lighting the lamp and addressed opening session.

Addressing the gathering Sridevi Jasti said “acidity breeds diseases”. So keep you body in alkaline state, she shared.  To help maintain optimal bloodstream pH, choose diet which is rich alkaline such as vegetables and fruits. Avoid acid-forming foods such as cheese, meat, chicken. Increase your raw food consumption. Ideally, 70% of your nutrients should come from raw foods and the remaining 30% from cooked food. This may seem hard but remember that all fruits, vegetable juices, sprouts, soaked seeds and nuts are raw and count towards the 70%. Ideally, Sridevi informed that it is best to consume mostly raw food for one meal and cooked food for the other. If this does not work for you, look for sensible combinations of raw and cooked food watch your body’s reactions to it.

Her team cooked “Green smoothies” and “Coconut Yogurt” and demonstrated how to have plant based food at home. She also shared with her participants few recipes such as Black Eyed Peas Soup, Green Smoothies, Cecina —Vegetarian Omlet;  Coriander & Mint Sauce and Sprouts Salad.

Dr Renuka Sreedevi  Mudambi while speaking on Sustainable Health, Get Control of your family health told her audience to invest in family time. Do activities together with the family members. Have “Me Time”, invest in “Self Care”. Reevaluate yourself periodically.

One in four are suffering with mental health. But, they don’t talk as it is considered to be a stigma. There is nothing like this. Your eating patterns are linked to your mental health. Those who are low in self esteem eat sweets and the ones with liver related issues, eat lot of spices, she shared.

She told the gathering to be watchful about what they pick up from the shelves in the super market.

The last session was addressed by Dr Manjula Anagani spoke about Pre and Post Menopause Management.

Menopause is the normal, natural transition in life. You must know the process to be able understand and handle accordingly Earlier Welcoming the gathering, Sona Chatwani, Chairperson of FLO said, women or even career oriented women are more concerned about their kids and husband and their nutrition and health. But, they hardly bother about their own health. The day long sessions ware planned keeping that in mind.

Ratna Chotrani

People Also Viewed

Go back to top