• Top Stories
  • Popular
  • People Also Viewed
  • Poll
  • Share
  • Comments
Home / News / India /

Geyser emits poisonous gas, 15 YO dies after inhaling

Geyser emits poisonous gas, 15 YO dies after inhaling

Mumbai: A 15-year-old girl died while bathing after the bathroom geyser emitted poisonous Carbon monoxide.

Reports said the girl died after the oxygen level inside the bathroom dropped drastically due to the emission of poisonous gas from the geyser, Times now reports.

The incident took place in Mumbai’s Borivali area on January 5 after the victim identified as Dhruvi Gohil did not notice anything suspicious inside the bathroom.

The matter only came to light when the family members noticed the girl did not come out of the bathroom despite taking too much time.

Initially, the girl’s parents knocked on the bathroom’s door, but when they sensed something is not right they broke open the door.

“Finally, the parents broke the door and found the girl in an unconscious state. The right part of her body was scalded due to hot water,” said an official. 

The victim was immediately rushed to Mangalmoorti Hospital in Gorai. 

“The girl became unconscious after inhaling the poisonous carbon monoxide emitted by the geyser. The dearth of oxygen in the bathroom affected her brain and caused convulsions,” the report quoted Dr Vivek Chaurasia as saying. 

She was put on a ventilator and breath her last on January 10.

People Also Viewed

Go back to top