Hyderabad: The GMR led Hyderabad International Airport is busy preparing new rules and safety measures for flights as flight operations are likely to resume after the extended ends. The airport authorities have shared their Exit Plan of GMR led Hyderabad International Airport to post-lockdown operational preparedness to be implemented once the operations resume after the government’s approval.
How the airport is planning to resume activities after the lockdown?
The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA), led by GMR Group, is all set to provide a safe and healthy environment to the passengers flying out of the Hyderabad Airport when operation resumes after the current countrywide lockdown ends.
RGIA authorities have taken several measures including santisation of terminals and ensuring strict social distancing norms to minimise human contact at the airport.
To encourage the social distancing norm at the airport, GHIAL will deploy additional queue managers at the city side, check-in-halls, security check areas and boarding gates, with social distancing markers and reminders.
Mr. SGK Kishore, the CEO, GHIAL, said, “In line with our motto of ‘Passenger is Prime’, the entire Hyderabad Airport family including all our stakeholders is working through the lockdown period to ensure that we have the right measures in place for ensuring passenger safety once the commercial flight operations are permitted to resume by the Government.
While the airport is geared up with a high level of hygiene and new operational procedures, passengers’ role in keeping the airport safe would also be equally important. We request all passengers to extend their cooperation and support for measures such as usage of face masks, thermal screening, and social distancing,” He added.
Hyderabad Airport new safety measures
Departure Ramp and Terminal Entry Gates
- All passengers encouraged to use web check-in before arriving at the airport. Rest are encouraged to use CUSS before entering terminal – CUSS machines on the forecourt increased to 19 units with the option of contactless usage
- The contactless terminal entry system is put in place to avoid any possible contact between the CISF personnel and the PAX
- Temperature screening by CISF with automated thermal cameras at all terminal entry points
- Provision of social distancing markers at the terminal entry points
- Provision of automatic hand sanitizer dispensers at Terminal Entry points
How Check-In Hall will look
All entry gates, cuss machines, and check-in bays will be allocated by airlines to ensure the smooth flow of passengers from the forecourt into check-in hall and security thereafter.
Sanitisers to be provided for passengers before using the machines. During the check-in procedure, the social distance markings need to be followed. Meanwhile, the Hyderabad airport will provide sanitisers for passengers across various touchpoints.
- To Encourage use of self-check-in and SBD machines to minimize any possibility of contact and reduce waiting time in queues
- Relocation of CUSS units to increase social distancing
- Implementation of social distancing markers across check-in counters, CUSS machines, and SBD
- Counter allocation to ensure strict adherence to social distancing guidelines
- Acrylic glass shields on check-in counters to separate the airport personnel and the PAX
- To enable frequent sanitization of hands by passengers, ‘Hygiene Stations’ being set up with automatic hand sanitizers
- Frequent sanitization and disinfection of the queue managers, acrylic glass shields, CUSS machines, and SBD machines
- Provision of HAZMAT suits to the security personnel involved in the passenger screening
- Frequent sanitization and disinfection of the trays, DFMDs, HHMDs and the Monitors
- Social distancing markers to be installed at the security screening lanes to ensure strict adherence to social distancing guidelines
- Thermal screening to be done on all the arriving passengers using noncontact temperature screeners and thermal screening cameras
- Capture self-declaration forms which have a record of the passengers travel history, health status, and the contact details
- Provision of dedicated areas for the passengers to fill in the self-declaration forms
- The dedicated waiting room has been provided for the APHO personnel if a passenger is found symptomatic and further screening is required
- Designated areas of bus entry, baggage reclaim and thermal screening areas have been put in place for arrivals from countries with community transmission
Customs and Immigration Areas
- Floor markings at the counters to ensure the social distancing amongst the PAX
- Frequent sanitization and cleaning of the customs and immigration counters after every flight movement
- Mandatory use of PPEs including face masks, gloves and overalls for the officers
- Acrylic glass shields to be mounted on all the counters to separate the officers and the passengers
- All the trays, DFMDs and monitors to be continuously sanitized after usage