• Top Stories
  • Popular
  • People Also Viewed
  • Related News
  • Poll
  • Share
  • Comments

Hyderabad: Class X sustains injuries as pressure cooker explodes

Hyderabad: Class X sustains injuries as pressure cooker explodes
Female doctor checking patients pulse in hospital

Hyderabad: A class X student sustained severe injuries after she tried to open the pressure cooker lid for having her breakfast at BC girl’s hostel at Rajendra Nagar.

According to sources, Sujatha, daughter of Dasharath Naik and Lalitha from Mailardevpally is a student of AVM high school and residing at BC girl’s hostel at Rajendra Nagar.

On July 15, the hostel cook asked the girls to take out the boiled chickpeas she made them in pressure cooker.

When Sujatha and Manjula, a Class 8 student tried to open the cooker lid it exploded injuring Sujatha as the hot water fell on her while Majula too suffered burn injuries on her leg.

They were rushed to a private hospital in Nanal Nagar and later moved to a hospital in Karmanghat for better treatment.

The hostel warden bore the hospital expenses of the girl which had gone to Rs 1.42 lakh.

Meanwhile, the girl’s parents met Rajendranagar Tahsildar on Thursday and handed over a memorandum appealing the government to provide financial assistance to her daughter who was asked to take rest for a year.

People Also Viewed

Go back to top