Hyderabad: The Commissioner for Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) Mr JK Garg inspected JBS-MGBS Metro last corridor phase-1 along with HMRL MD Mr NVS Reddy and senior engineers and technical experts of L&T MRHL, HMRL and Independent Engineer Louis Berger over the past 3 days and issued the mandatory Safety Certificate on Sunday.
CMRS issues Safety Certificate for JBS-MGBS metro corridor of phase-1
After examining the safety certification of the 25 kV overhead electrical traction and other electrical installations by CEIG (Chief Electrical Inspector General), Fire clearance of the nine stations of the corridor by DG, Fire Services, signaling and train control systems by Thales, Canada, Internal Safety Assessment by Halcrow, UK, the results of the tests of various technical parameters during trial runs etc.,
The CMRS thoroughly inspected the corridor and commissioner inspection broadly covered the following:
- All safety tests related to viaduct, track, signaling, telecom, trains, & electric traction system;
- Speed trials at high speed to check train behaviour;
- Station structures, lifts & escalators, entry/exit points, ticketing systems, control rooms & passenger amenities;
- Checking of Bhoiguda metro ROB, bearings, viaduct etc.
- Track parameters & OHE parameters;
- Oscillograph tests to measure train acceleration values, ride quality & ride index, etc.
L&Tmrhl MD Mr KVB Reddy, Chief operating officer Mr AK Saini, Project Director Mr MP Naidu, Louis Berger Team Leader Mr Krishna Swamy, HMRL CPM Mr Anand Mohan & other senior engineers & officers of all these organisations participated in the inspection & deliberations.
The Safety Certificate issued by CMRS has cleared the way for introduction of passenger services on the last corridor of Hyderabad metro rail project phase-1.
The corridor with a length of 11km, has 9 stations: JBS-Parade grounds, Secunderabad West, Gandhi Hospital, Musheerabad, RTC xroads, Chikkadapally, Narayanguda, Sultan Bazar, & MGBS.
Receiving the Safety Certificate from CMRS Mr Garg, HMRL MD Mr NVS Reddy stated that Government will decide the date of inauguration soon.