CHENNAI: A major fire broke out on Tuesday at a building in Chennai owned by mining baron J. Sekar Reddy.
According to reports, the fire broke out at 8:30 in the morning at JSR Castle building at Vijayaraghava road of the T Nagar area.
Fire and Rescue Services and police personnel rushed to the spot to douse the flames.
According to fire service personnel, the fire believed to be caused due to an electrical short circuit.
No loss of life or loss to the property has been reported so far.
The industrialist is under investigation by Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in connection with a case of converting old currencies into new after the banknote demonetization in 2016.
The law enforcing economic intelligence agency (ED) has been investigating the cases under PMLA after the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) registered a case against Reddy, who became the poster boy for the black money crackdown.
The central government demonetised the old Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes on November 8, 2016, reportedly to eliminate black money, counterfeit notes and terror funding.