Hyderabad: The Minority Welfare Department on Tuesday invited online applications from eligible students belonging to minority communities, as notified by the central government, pursuing education.
All the eligible students can register their application in the National Scholarship Portal (NSP), under URL: www.schoalarships.gov.in . A link to the site is also made available in the website www.minorityaffairs.gov.in
The last date of online registration of application for fresh and renewal for the pre and post-matric scholarship, and for merit-cum-means based scholarship is October 31, 2020.
- Pre matric scholarship from 1st to 10th class
- Post matric scholarship for the students pursuing higher education from class XI up to Ph.D in government /recognized private colleges including technical courses of ITT, ITC
- Merit cum means based scholarship for the listed courses at undergraduate, post graduate, technical and professional courses
- Income certificate issued by any competent authority is mandatorily requirement for applying post matric and merit cum means based scholarship and self declaration under Pre matric scholarship scheme for 2020-21
- Only online applications under the three schemes will be accepted and no request for offline applications will be entertained
How to apply?
Students can submit their filled-in applications with required documents in the institution or school where they are studying for online security of the application by the respective institution. Submission of hard copies of application in the district/state offices is not required. Students should scan and upload all the required documents online.
As there is no edit option after the final submission of online applications students must go through the eligible criteria/FAQs in the web portal home page (scholarships.gov.in) and register their applications online.
Sanction of scholarship under GOI scholarship scheme is subject to target allotted to the state considering the entire state as a single unit.
Those students who have got a GOI scholarship last year under Pre Matric Scholarship, Post Matric Scholarship and Merit Cum Means Based scholarship of GOI can apply as renewal by giving their existing application ID.