A single syringe was used for all the patients at a district hospital in Madhya Pradesh’s Datia district following which one person died while 25 others are in a critical condition. The incident took place due to the negligence of the nurses.
The incident which took place on Monday evening has sparked outrage with patients demanding accountability from the hospital authorities.
Civil Surgeon of the hospital, Dr PK Sharma said “A single syringe was used for all the patients. The incident took place because of the negligence of the nurses as they were using normal water instead of distilled water.”
Police have launched an investigation in the matter. “We received a complaint that wrong injections were given to patients because of the negligence of nurses. Reports of medical board are awaited and a probe is on in this matter,” the police said.
This post was last modified on August 28, 2018, 6:08 pm