5-year-old girl consumed Insecticide thinking it was a Vitamin, dies

5-year-old girl consumed Insecticide thinking it was a Vitamin, dies
Click for full image
Representational Photo

Bihar: A five-year-old girl named Durgawati Kumari died in Sasaram while five other children were taken seriously ill after they consumed a poisonous liquid thinking that its a vitamin.

Rajendra Singh, a Police officer said that five children, who were taken seriously ill, are being treated at Sasaram Sadar Hospital. All the five children are now out of danger.

The incident occurred yesterday when the children, who were playing in the village, picked up a bottle containing insecticide from a bunch of trash and consumed it considering it to be vitamin and fell ill seriously, following which all the six children were rushed to a private clinic at Kochas where Durgawati Kumari was declared dead.

Later District Magistrate Pankaj Dikshit directed to admit all the five children were later to Sadar Hospital where their condition is stated to be out of danger.