Kolkata: Six members of a family were injured today when an LPG cylinder exploded inside a house in the city’s Behala area, police said.
The condition of three were stated to be critical while two were undergoing treatment and one was discharged from the hospital, a senior official of Behala police station said.
The incident occurred at around 9.20 am when the LPG cylinder exploded injuring six persons of a family who were inside the house on Behala’s Bama Charan Roy Road, he said.
Sanjib Mondal (40), his wife Kanika Mondal (36), son Suman and daughter Sanjana were injured in the explosion which blew off the asbestos roof of their house, the officer added.
Sanjib’s sister-in-law and her daughter were also injured when they went inside the house to rescue the four, he said.
The fire was doused within 20 minutes with the help of two fire tenders.
CESC and KMC personnel, the official added.
Initial forensic tests revealed that explosion was primarily because of gas leakage, police said.