Agra: Man’s charred body found in Skoda car

Agra: Man’s charred body found in Skoda car
Representational Photo

Agra: A recent incident of a man charred to death in his car has been reported from Delhi’s New Ashok Nagar.

The body of a 35-year-old identified as Mohammed Rizwan was found in a completely charred condition in his burnt Skoda car on a road 700kms away from the Aligarh-Utah highway on Saturday morning.

Though Aligarh Police had first suspected the death of the deceased was caused after his car accidentally caught fire but investigations into the case revealed it was a murder executed after Police found empty petrol bottles in a nearby field which are suspected to have been used to burn the car.

According to Aligarh Police the crime was reported around 6.30 am by the on-lookers. The murder apparently took place around 4 am.

Rajesh Pandey Aligarh’s Senior Superintendent of police said: “Preliminary investigations have revealed that there were at least three men in the car before it was set afire. Besides, a burnt cord was found on the rear seat of the car and some liquor bottles were also recovered from under the seats.”

The SSP said the charred body was sent for post-mortem and retrieved petrol bottles have been sent to the forensic laboratory to access the fingerprints present on those bottles.

Speaking of the deceased the SSP said: “We established the deceased’s identity through the car’s number plate which was registered in his name. His wife, Nazmeen Khan, had also filed a missing person’s report at Jamia Nagar police station on Saturday. He was staying in a flat in New Ashok Nagar.”

When the deceased’s wife Nazmeen was contacted she told the sources that her husband left the house around 7pm to attend some business with some people and was in touch with her until 10.30pm.

She said, “He told me that he was not feeling well and had vomited. I told him to come back home, but he insisted that he would be alright.”

After speaking to him she reportedly went to sleep and woke around 4am. She tried once again contacting her husband but could not reach him since his cell was switched off.

She added that after waiting for few hours she approached Jamia Nagar Police in Delhi and filed a report.

She said her husband named his real estate firm after their seven-year-old daughter Palak who studies in Noida school. He also had successfully completed two projects in Noida Sector 73. She added, “Rizwan had gone to Aligarh to recover some money from a few people.”

She claims her husband had no known enemies, “except for a woman he had married two years ago but divorced last December and who has been trying to blackmail him”.

Speaking of the woman she said, “She (the woman) had filed a police complaint against Rizwan after the divorce and he was arrested and spent three months in jail. He came out on October 26. But the woman had kept up with her demands for more money, some Rs 15 lakh, to settle the matter but he refused to pay.”

People Also Viewed