Ahmedabad: Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday said the Indian Army was “efficiently carrying out their responsibilities” after terrorists attacked an army camp in Sunjwan area of Jammu and Kashmir in the wee hours of Saturday.
“I don’t feel it is fit to comment on it since the operation is still underway. But be assured that our forces and jawans are doing their duty,” Singh told media here.
He further said that the Army will not let the people down.
Earlier in the day, Home Minister Rajnath Singh directed the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) to look into the Sunjwan Army Camp attack.
He also spoke to Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police (DGP) SP Vaid regarding this matter.
At least three terrorists stormed inside a JCO family quarter in Sunjwan area of Jammu and Kashmir in the wee hours of Saturday.
Two junior commissioned officers were killed and four others, including a civilian, suffered injuries.
Meanwhile, the security forces have cordoned off the area and are conducting a search and combing operation. (ANI)