Las Vegas: CES 2018 served as a catalyst for innovation. For all those who thrive on the business of consumer technologies, it became a gathering place.
It is owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), and attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers.
According to article published in engadget.com, best of CES 2018 winners are :
1. Best Accessibility Tech: Xenoma e-skin pajamas
• Cloth Sensors are embedded in both shirt and pants.
• circuits running along the hips and legs are designed to detect motion
• The company claims that the cloth can be washed more than 100 times before showing signs of wear, making it as hardy as what’s used in regular clothes.
• The company hopes that the hardware will be ready for medical use by 2020, at which point the cost per garment will be less than $100.
2. Best Startup: Black Box VR
• Black Box VR is building the gym of the future.
• Black Box turns exercise into a video game by using the HTC Vive, motion-tracking controllers and specially designed workout equipment.
3. Best Digital Health and Fitness Product: L’Oreal UV Sense
• It’s a UV sensor no bigger than a thumbnail that tells you, via your smartphone, how much sun exposure you’ve received each day.
Benefits: Prevents skin cancer
4. Best Transportation Technology: Toyota e-Palette
• The e-Palette is a vehicle that looks like a train car
• It’s an opportunity for businesses big and small to take retail and delivery to the next level.
5. Best Home-Theater Product: Optoma 4K Alexa Projector
• Optoma HD51A combines quality and convenience
• The UHD51A is a capable 4K projector with 2,400-lumen brightness, a 500,000:1 contrast ratio and accurate colors with HDR.
6. Best Phone or Mobile Device: Lenovo Miix 630
• Lenovo Miix 630 is incredibly fast to wake up, and its battery can withstand as many as 20 hours of use on a single charge.
7. Best Gaming Product: HTC Vive Pro
• Integrated 3D audio
• a more comfortable head strap
• dual front-facing cameras
• two mics and
• Resolution — 2,880 x 1,600 combined and 615 pixels per inch.
8. Best Robot or Drone: Sony AIBO
• It has an onboard camera allows it to act as an adorably mobile webcam.
• OLED eyes are extremely expressive
• WiFi and LTE connectivity allow it to function on the move.
9. Best Vision of the Future (Smart City): Wi-Fiber Intelli-Platform Integrated Streetlights
• Wi-Fiber has built a lamppost head that contains security cameras, IoT and municipal WiFi equipment within its slender body.
• It even gives basic street lighting an upgrade, offering the ability to change color or flash to direct emergency services straight to where the crisis is.
10. People’s Choice Winner: Dell x Nikki Reed Circular Collection Jewellery
• Dell now makes jewelry too which comprises pieces made from gold recovered from Dell computer motherboards.
• These are 14- and 18-carat gold rings, earrings and cufflinks, mind you, and don’t look like they’ve been remade from waste material at all.