Bihar Agricultural University (BAU), Sabour invites applications from eligible candidates for vacancy position of Dean Agriculture, Director of Research, Director Seed and Farms, Registrar and Director of Students’ Welfare.
The last date for receipt of applications is 26th March 2018.
Advertisement No. 01/Rectt./BAU Sabour
Name of Post
No of Vacancy
Director of Research
Director Seed and Farms
Director of Students’ Welfare
Pay Scale: ₹ 37400 – 67000 + AGP ₹ 10000 for all above positions.
Qualification and Experience:
Dean Agriculture ->
(1) Doctorate in any branch of Agriculture.
(2) 10 years experience of teaching and/or research of which five years should have been in a position of responsibility of University Professor or equivalent.
(3) Desirable – Evidence of leadership and outstanding achievements in teaching and organizing teaching.
(4) Experience in managing an Agricultural College preferably offering under-graduate and postgraduate education.
Director of Research ->
(1) Doctorate in any branch of Agriculture, Veterinary or Animal Husbandry/Dairy Technology/ Fisheries/ Basic Sciences & Humanities/ Home Science/ Agricultural Engineering and allied branches.
(2) 10 years experience in teaching and/or research work as evidenced by published work in standard research journals of which at least five years experience should have been in a position of an institution in which research holds an important place or should have been as Univ. Professor/ Chief Scientist or equivalent.
(3) Evidence of leadership, outstanding achievements in research and organizing research.
(4) Desirable – Administrative experience as Chief Scientist/ University Professor of any Research Organization/ Chairman of P.G. Department shall be preferred.
Director Seed and Farms ->
(1) Doctorate degree in any branch of Agriculture Science and its allied discipline.
(2) 10 years’ experience of teaching/ research/ extension as evidenced from published papers in journals of repute of which five years experience should have been as University Professor/ Chief Scientist or equivalent.
(1) A Masters’ degree with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent grade of B in the U.G.C. seven point scale.
(2) At least 15 years of experience as Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)/ Assoc. Professor with eight years in Associate Professor Grade along with experience in educational administration. OR Comparable experience in research establishment and/or other institutions of higher education. OR
15 years of administrative experience of which eight years as Deputy Registrar or an equivalent post. Ph.D. as a desirable qualification.
Director of Students Welfare ->
(1) Doctorate in any branch of Agriculture, Veterinary or Animal Husbandry/ Dairy Technology/ Fisheries/ Basic Sciences & Humanities/ Home Science/ Agricultural Engineering and allied Sciences.
(2) 10 years’ experience of teaching in a College of Agriculture, Veterinary or Animal Husbandry/ Dairy Technology/ Fisheries/ Basic Sciences & Humanities/ Home Science/ Agricultural Engineering or Education in the capacity of a Professor/Assoc. Professor.
(3) Adequate experience of organizing sports, games, dramas and other students’ welfare activities.
(4) Desirable – Evidence of leadership and capacity in organizing and guiding the students’ activities.
Applications in the prescribed form alongwith non-refundable, A/C Payee Demand Draft Payable at State Bank of India, Sabour Branch (Code No. 11805) for ₹ 450/- only for General/ BC/ EBC/ RCF candidates and ₹ 150/- only for SC/ST candidates of Bihar drawn in favour of the Comptroller, Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour (Bhagalpur).
The application along with all relevant documents should reach the Officer In-Charge (Recruitment), Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour-813210 (Bhagalpur) on or before 26/03/2018 up to 05:00 P.M. only through registered post/ speed post.