Most of the adults have been experiencing insomnia or sleeplessness at one time or another in their lives.
Based on the duration of the problem, insomnia is generally classified as:
• Transient insomnia: Symptoms lasting less than one week.
• Short-term insomnia: Symptoms between one to three weeks.
• Chronic insomnia: symptoms lasting longer than three weeks
Dr. Andrew weil says that “Breathing strongly influences physiology and thought processes, including moods. By simply focusing your attention on your breathing, and without doing anything to change it, you can move in the direction of relaxation.”
How to do the exercise:
1. Place the tip of your tongue against the tissue ridge right above your upper front teeth. Keep it there for the remainder of the exercise.
2. Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound as you do so.
3. Close your mouth and inhale slowly through your nose while mentally counting to four.
4. Hold your breath for a mental count of seven.
5. Exhale completely through your mouth for a mental count of eight. Make the same whoosh sound from Step Two.
6. This concludes the first cycle. Repeat the same process three more times for a total of four renditions.