Financial fraud case against Harvey Weinstein dropped

Financial fraud case against Harvey Weinstein dropped

New York, [USA] Nov 26 (ANI): New York’s Manhattan district attorney has dropped a financial crime case against Hollywood producer, Harvey Weinstein in connection with settling his sexual assault victims.

Weinstein’s attorney, Ben Brafman, said that Manhattan District Attorney will not look into whether Weinstein used his production company fund to pay off his alleged victims.

Speaking to Deadline on this issue, Brafman said he had been pleading the DA about Weinstein’s innocence when it came to any financial fraud case. Brafman added that it’s been almost a year to make the DA believe that Weinstein was innocent.

But despite this development, the ongoing investigation in sexual assault cases against Weinstein would look more deeply into the manner in which the producer went about in the movie business.

On November 01, an aspiring actor accused the filmmaker of sexually assaulting her when she was 16-year-old.

The former Polish model, identified as Jane Doe, in the court papers, said that in 2002, she met Weinstein for a business lunch and later ended up at his apartment in Soho, where he “aggressively” demanded sex from her.

Notably, more than 80 women, including actresses Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Rose McGowan, have revealed similar stories about the movie mogul.

Some accused him of using physical force to compel them to have sex, while others said he offered roles in movies to actors in exchange of sexual favours and also threatened to ruin their careers if they did not fulfill his demands.