Kolkata: A fire broke out at a beauty parlour in the central part of the city this morning, Fire Brigade sources said.
Three fire tenders fought for around half-an-hour to douse the blaze.
There was no report of any casualty as the fire broke out at around 7.30 am when the parlour was closed, the sources said.
The parlour is located on Camac Street, near Park Street crossing.
Passers-by spotted the flames and informed the police and fire brigade who broke open the shutters to put out the fire.
The sources said traffic had been diverted along that stretch for some time because of the fire suspected to be caused by short circuit.