Visakhapatnam: A fire broke out in the Government Victoria General Hospital here this evening, but there was no casualty, fire service personnel said.
The blaze started on the first floor of the medical facility (popularly called Gosha Hospital), triggering panic among patients, who were swiftly shifted to safer places, they said, adding no one was injured.
Fire brigade personnel rushed to the spot and put out the inferno within few minutes. Three baby warmers and as many AC machines on the first floor were gutted, the fire service personnel said, adding cause of the blaze was being ascertained.
Speaking to the media, hospital superintendent K Padmaleela said equipment worth Rs 30 lakh were in the medical facility and they were yet to verify the extent of the damage.