India Top Stories

Google has no record of Rs 1.44 crore job offer to Chandigarh boy

Google has no record of Rs 1.44 crore job offer to Chandigarh boy

New Delhi: Search engine giant, Google, has refused reports of 16-year-old Harshit Sharma being offered a job by it, the company said on Tuesday.

“Currently, we don’t have any information on our records with respect to Harshit Sharma’s candidacy,” Google told the Indian Express.

There came reports about Sharma going viral for being selected as a graphic designer for the company that would pay him of Rs 12 lakh per month, post training.
Sharma is a class XII student of Government Model Senior Secondary School in Sector 33-B of Chandigarh.

He claimed he was selected after he submitted some of his posters through a “Google link”. Google, however, does not recruit from any schools in the world.

The boy, who claimed, he was trained by his uncle, was supposed to leave for California on August 7.
“I never expected to get selected for Google. Since the age of 10, I used to do graphic design as I was inspired and trained by my uncle Rohit Sharma. Slowly, it became my passion and I always aimed for a job in Google. Whatever I am is because of my uncle and I owe my selection to him as I never joined any professional institute for training,” Harshit had earlier told The Indian Express.