While you may dedicate time and money to your grooming routine, it could also be the thing that’s messing with your skin.
If you’re breaking out despite all your best efforts, take a step back and examine your grooming habits: Maybe you’re not using the right products for your skin type, or the way you shave needs some tweaking.
We wanted to know about the top mistakes a guy can make—the ones that can ultimately lead to breakouts. Here are a few of them, according to Dr. David Lortscher, M.D., dermatologist and founder of Curology, along with how to get back that crystal-clear complexion you set out to have in the first place.
6 Grooming Hacks You Need to Know:
1. You’re shaving with the wrong razor
2. You might be using “bad” hair products
3. You don’t exfoliate enough
4. Your soap is sabotaging you
5. You’re committing a fragrance foul
6. You need to be more proactive against irritation