You as a Contracts Manager will be a part of the Power Grids division which is a global leader in turnkey power projects and will be based in UAE.The power grids division delivers solutions across the power value chain. This includes system solutions for power generation, transmission technologies, substations and distribution technologies for network management.
Your main responsibilities will be the following:
– Establish and manage all commercial contracts from small to large scales, look to establish and implement policies, procedures across the project and business to ensure compliance and adherence to all legislation and law.
– Manages claims technical and commercially, variations and extension of time.
– Handle litigation and arbitration cases as and when required
– Project Delivery
– Ensure the commercial plan for the successful delivery of the project is in place and monitored to achieve success, advise team on matter affecting project status and delivery as well as cost impact.
– Review proposal documents to ensure contractual correctness and compliance with regulations, ensure adequacy in control of all documentation including correspondence, meeting minutes, action items, requests for information, contract change notices and authorization.
– Identifies Provide Contracts Administration and Contract Management support to the project, through negotiation, interpretation of contracts, maintenance of contract records and ensuring compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
– Prepare valuation for interim and final payments, pricing variations notices, etc. to ensure compliance with terms of contract and timely progress of the works.
– Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process. Provides any necessary technical support to Sales Managers during technical meetings with customers.
– Participate in Client, Consortium Partner meetings with the objective of rendering advice on potential claims as well as cost/time-control implications after review of periodic site progress and cost reports
Ideally you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Technical, Commercial or Legal discipline with 5-10 years of Contracts Management experience with power industry within commercial or contracts positions.Middle East experience within utility, O&G, infrastructure segments will be preferred.Furthermore knowledge of Arabic language will be preferred.
About the Company
ABB is a global leader in power and automation technologies. Based in Zurich, Switzerland, the company employs 150,000 people and operates in approximately 100 countries. The firm’s shares are traded on the stock exchanges of Zurich, Stockholm and New York.
ABB’s business is comprised of five divisions that are in turn organized in relation to the customers and industries we serve.
The company in its current form was created in 1988, but its history spans over 120 years. ABB’s success has been driven particularly by a strong focus on research and development. The company maintains seven corporate research centers around the world and has continued to invest in R&D through all market conditions.